Monday, July 2, 2012

The Birds

Sometime in June Aaron came over. He really likes basketball so we went outside to play it.My hoop is able to move up and down, so while one of us shot the ball, the other one moved the hoop. It seemed fine at the time. Then I shot the ball and three baby birds came tumbling down. That's when I remembered that a family of birds put their nest right behind the backboard. They were so tiny and helpless without their mom. they were so young you could see through their skin. There were four. One died and two lost an arm. Luckily, the one was dead was one of the arm losers. At least it wasn't a living being that got hurt. By that I mean, it has tumors. Or at least that's what my mom said. I don't even know what tumors are! And yes, I was very, very, sad for the whole family of birds. I was also mad at myself, still am. If that bird didn't have tumors I would have killed a living being (not including bugs)!That was the saddest day all June long.       

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad - good thing you have the rest of the summer to recover.

    ReplyDelete