Monday, June 27, 2011

My First Day Of Music Camp

Today I went to my First Day of Music camp for the Alto Saxophone. I went to a group lesson, an Intermediate Band class, and an advanced Jazz Band class.

I went to Advanced Jazz because they only had 3 kids for Intermediate Jazz so they combined them with the advanced. I'd say the most fun was the Sax lesson because the teacher gave us a not too easy, not too hard song. The song we played was called The Monk Song by:Beethoven. 

So then I went on to Intermediate Band. I don't remember the names of the songs, but they were pretty easy. The next thing I had to do stunk. I had to wait around for one hour! Intermediate Band ended at 11:00 and Advanced Jazz started at 12:00. 

Then finally, I went into Advanced Jazz. Then we started. The first we did was a B-flat scale. I didn't know that scale! It was already too hard! So right after that I knew Advanced Jazz would be too hard. I was right. The first song confused me a lot. I couldn't wait for it to be over! Right when my mom came I told her I didn't want to do Jazz anymore because it was WAY to hard. Finally camp was over. It was tough! 

My first day music camp wasn't a success, but it wasn't bad!             

No comments:

Post a Comment